Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 19-04-2024, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

However, my point was not that. My point was on doing a stint (e.g. 3 months/6 months in-house, akin to a client secondment seat in the E&W TC programme) to which you will pick up commercial skills and understanding beyond (or more fully integrated with) legal, and communication/process management with the other functions in the company, which you can then bring back with you when you return to private practice (yes, more likely with an int'l firm than local firm) and then proceed to being a solid associate/SA who can resonate better with clients.
Ok yes. We don't disagree with your points, broadly speaking. This route can be useful for a fledging lawyer. It certainly won't be detrimental.

So go and find an arrangement that allows you to do such an in-house stint and thereafter bring your 6 month in-house experience back to private practice?

Not sure why you're trying so hard to convince us here about the merits of such a route? If you're so convinced that this route is advantageous and worth pursing on the merits, then just go do it? And I don't mean this sarcastically. I sincerely mean, if you truly believe in this route, then go for it.