Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

If there's 20 hours of task

Person A only do 8 hours

Person B has to take on that extra 2 hours of work to complete = 10 + 2 + 12 hours

2 hours might not seem a lot but when compared like this, person B has to work 4 extra hours compared to person A

Sure, person A deserves WLB like any human being but I don't think person B is any less deserving of WLB than person A

The workload is not going to magically disappear just because person A doesn't want to do it either

So the best is everyone take their fair share and OT a little so that everyone can go home earlier

Obviously you can say hire more but how to hire extra people in 1 day?

The problem is already in front of you and needs to be solved immediately

It's like saying no need firefighter to waste water to quell fire on a boat because hard work lah, by right mother nature should be pouring rain anyway.

Like no **** but the boat is already burning right now, who can wait for the rain to slowly pour if god decides 'ok i agree and give you rain'?

You don't mind getting burned but others mind, maybe should've let other people who are happy to help quell the flames onto the boat in the first place since everyone knows the boat will be on fire based on track record and need lots of people to put out flames.

No one is asking associates to work until 4am like we seniors have to, we don't even ask you guys to follow up after your booking ended for your sections, but can you all at least work until 8pm or 9pm so that it's 10 hours like the resource planning stated while you're booked on the job? Especially since you'll be taking breaks and eating 2 hour meals so the 10 hours is actually <8 hours of productive work.

We have done the same work you did before so we know how long it takes for someone doing it for the first time. I've also seen those videos telling people to pretend that they don't understand so that the task "takes longer" but they're actually done so that they can chill.