Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
covid is peak job market for fresh grads though... people are still getting lots of great IB and consulting offers even during covid period so you have to be really bad if all you're getting is offer for audit...

that said, i don't think you realize how bad the work ethics of some people are. i've seen people literally watching kdrama at work then kpkb when people complain about them. the worst is a girl who is perpetually on leave every time there's meetings so other people have to do her work for her...

anyway our OT is until 9pm only and that's max 3 days at a time. i'm happy to get japanese fruits, desserts, spare hampers, and expensive mooncakes and celebration meals in exchange for that. at least it shows that my boss knows OT after 6pm is bad instead of treating that as the norm. i've never heard of big 4 having a culture of thanking others for covering for them...
err for context, i tried IB interviews and it is not my liking. im not into long hours, but i want to be fairly paid for my normal working hours. that being said, the normal working hours pay in big4 just doesn't exist.

yes i know some bad work ethics. watching kdrama in working hours is a no go. However, if, the person finishes his / her tasks and the snr did not allocate more work, i dont think it is to blame on the associate too.

i do understand that sometimes the associate will look at their phones once in a while. i feel it is ok for that but not every 10 mins kind la. Unless the phone is needed to do work / msg client etc.

BUT DO NOT step into work ethics and use it as an excuse to make ppl OT like a pup. Rather, i feel this is just toxic. Just because others prioritize work life balance, doesnt mean he / she should OT together with you all and suffer.

The crux of this issue is the lack of manpower. Blame the HR and partner, not the associate. Period.