Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
TBH I rather people who don't want to OT join other departments, and be the quota for JHKs who are willing to work in audit.

Have you guys ever worked with seniors who were clearly lazy when they were associates? They just dump everything on the associate after promoting.

Obviously I can resign but it's still a waste of my time finding a job, joining for a few months, then leaving, and spending months finding a job all over again.

And if I include this experience in my resume, it shows I can't even hang on a job for a year. If I don't include it, it looks as if I'm so lousy I couldn't get a job.

JHK English is really bad but I find that at least most of them are willing to take over from you if you can't cope. The local seniors I had were really salty about working in audit and are already super unfriendly from the first sentence.

Obviously not all of them are like that but those seniors I had were probably like that commenter who said he only joined audit because he couldn't find a job 3 years ago. Alright as a person but probably not a teammate you want when there's deadlines.
u just need to prep ur interviews to target these hard questions. the answers are about the same for all interviews, especially the qn on why r u leaving in less than a year, why are u looking for a new job etc.

The main thing is most big4 ppl join big4 and stay thr till manager and find it hard to get out because they lacked interview skills and also no commercial experience. why should ppl pay 7k for a person with no commercial exp?