Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Really that bad for engineers?
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey guys i'm currently working as MSO in one of the stat board here. Worked for 1.4 yrs with salary at 2.4k with diploma in electronics.

Im taking part time studies with uniSIM right now in engineering. Would you ppl think it is best for me to work in an engineering field for experiences or just stay put with my current job? Really need some opinion frm the seniors here.
I am your senior whom have already graduated from the electronics course a few year ago... My advice to you is to immediately switch course to either business or accountancy... When you see all your ex-classmate who studied engineering driving taxi while living in small HDB flats... Just remember that it was i who saved you with my advice..

You can ask around... even until today, UnSIM is still frowned upon in the government sector, irregardless of course... Many UniSIM graduates face discrimination when looking for jobs..... At the end of the day, it is better that you do your degree in NUS/NTU if you want to open more doors...