Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - HR-related Jobs - How much are you earning?
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

tbh this is a super lame reason to quit your job.

LOL not trying to be insulting here, but you can wait long long to join a management consultancy with just a IT diploma...

diploma hr jobs are usually those clerk/administrator type like hr assistant, staffing co-ordinator, training administrator etc. not much value in climbing corp ladder if you ask me

as for consulting, probably only those super low level ones like recruit express, manpower, addecco etc will accept diploma, but then their jobs are mostly telemarketing

Not to be insulting, but hello jerkwad! Did you even read what I wrote? Did I say I want to join a management consultancy with an IT diploma?? Even I laughed at that because that will be stupid. And also at you...But I don't mean to be insulting.

You think you're so smart judging people on what a "lame decision" I made to quit my job. Do you even know what job was I working as? It won't contribute anything to what I'm going to do, and honestly I don't think it's "lame". Also, it being an irrelevant is one of the factors, not a deciding one. At 22 years old, I shouldn't be settling with job with absolutely no career prospect and sit on my lazy ass and not do anything about it. With that job, I will get 2.8k in 10 years time if I'm lucky. Also, my UOL-BIZ degree won't be much of a use there when I do graduate. So it'll be a useless piece of paper.

I've heard and read about UOL grads getting decent salary on various HR positions, so I would think it's possible to hold decent HR positions when I do grad. Not that I'm expecting to be business partner or anything, not that naive but just a hr career path where I won't be stuck on a post with no career progression.

I repeat, I have 3 years which I can make use of as I'm studying part-time, to get myself some useful exposure in this industry and maybe in 3 years time hopefully I will have a clearer view of the specifics I want to do in HR and set better career goals then. Or if I'm even cut out to be in the industry.