Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretz View Post
I believe if you want to maintain at least the current level of income or within 10% of it, either Teaching or Real Estate will not be able to meet your requirements, not for the next 5 years i believe. And I think you will need to work doubly hard.

Try and do what my ex-colleague did; he was 42 and knew he was in a dead-end job. Last year he spent about $10k in a new wardrobe, new look, etc etc, and then he started meeting people, networking all over from scratch. He's 44 now and just started early this year in a Management Consultanting role in a company that used to compete with his.

You have one very important thing above all the young single hotshots willing to put in 12hrs a day; your experience. Try to sell that aspect of yourself.
What your colleague did was a gamble. And he's just started in his new job... you'll never know if it's yet another sh*tty place.

What I would do is to start a small business... no matter how small, as long as I make it profitable, I'll quickly move on to create other new businesses and grow from there. It's not easier than switching wardrobe, but I get to be in control of more things. Just sharing my thoughts.