Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2024, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure why pple think that there is a default C. Was it explicitly mentioned by your RO or school leader?
It's an oversplification of a caveat that expectations are bound to be higher than what is expected of you.
Then perhaps this poor explanation stuck with some and as it spreads, it ends up infecting more pple to think that way.

The reality is if you are promoted and still doing a lot / new stuff for that new subgrade, it's very unlikely to get a default C. As a geo4/5 HOD, you are unlikely to get a C even in year of promotion. The same cannot be said if you are promoted to SEO because it is arguably whether you can perform as well in the new sub grade as experienced ones. If you are given opportunities to, and the other SEOs aren't pulling their weight... I doubt SLs would want to send a wrong signal and give the rest higher grades.

Not the person who started saying this but yes, I can back this up as my RO did share this with me recently. If do a lot of work and not promoted, then better grade. If no promotion means better grade.