Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
May I ask those who have risen to sm level and above, is it really all worth it? I have seen many of my sm looking soulless and miserable. Singles one are toxic as heck. Married one doesn’t seem very happy with their marriage either. Yes, you earn big bucks but is it really all worth it at the expense of exchanging time with your loved ones for those dollars and cents? Some even look sickly like they will kick their bucket any time also.
It's not 2010, exits suck these days. Entry level FP&A jobs are getting offshored while corporate accounting roles pay 4-5k only but you have to handle GST and conso since SG is the HQ. Consulting and advisory are still having frozen headcount so good luck jumping there. Business analyst roles are becoming IT roles now. The issue is just you're not even exchanging time for big bucks or useful work experience so tf you're OTing for?

Sorry if I'm really pessimistic because the 2 highest earners in my batch is the property agent and the influencer.

Anyway the married SMs probably married fellow auditors so don't worry, their marriage likely won't fall apart. In fact, there's rarely auditors here who get serious health issues like heart, thyroid, gastro issues like you see in other countries' forums. They'll probably have super eyebags but won't actually kick the bucket.