Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 28-02-2024, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

To add on to the discussion, I am a GEO3 who have recently been asked to consider to cover an LH position, and am currently still trying to decide my next step. I am not sure if I can do the job well, meaning in terms of my management capabilities as well as juggling between my family and work. Before this opportunity was given to me, I always saw myself as a HOT/ST and I am someone who prioritise my family over my work, and I value self-care. I give my 100% at work and deliver what I need to, but once the time comes for me to be with my family I don’t want to be thinking about work or settling any urgent work matters.

I am still not sure what to do about the opportunity given to me, but I am wondering if it’ll put me in a bad light if say I cover the position and find that I don’t want to take it up eventually. Will I be jeopardising anything if I do that? I’m all for trying it out and giving myself the chance to see where this goes and if this is for me. But what if this isn’t my cup of tea?