Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2024, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am probably one of the older ones here. and i too understand that there has been a shift in demographics. it is for the big 4 to adapt

nevertheless, end of the day as long as you can "project" how much salary you need in life to be comfortable, and how you get there, everything else is just noise. i wanted to hit 100k annual by mid 30s, and audit was the "safest" way to get there, during my time at least. but if someone else is okay to get to that number at the age of 40ish so be it, there are many other career pathways that will get you there, your boat your strokes.

and end of the day, all this comparison only does every industry good. higher pay just means there is more demand, lower pay means that the demand is just not there and the never ending war for talent continues. so there is nothing to complain really, the job market does a good job of sorting people by their skill level and compensates them fairly.

all businesses are trying to get the necessary level of talent for the lowest level of cost. if the audit partners deem that this cost is 3.6k for an associate, you are simply just worth that much, if not just pack your bag and find something with higher pay, if you cant get that it just simply means you are not skilled enough.

this forum wasnt a shitting ground for audit in the past, there was more meaningful advice being dished out

Hmm I would input among my friends, none of us really thinks about 30s and 40s.

If you what you’re implying about higher pay later on is true, the schools could also do like a survey for 10 years later and provide more information than just starting salaries.

But even so, I still believe a higher starting off the bat is better than potential higher earnings later.