Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How is life as a doctor in Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 03:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Coming from a IM resident, I find it strange that ops care is substandard, given that they have much more resources than private gps (Apn, cm, cc, pharmacist etc)- at least that's what my fm colleague told me when she rotated through IM.
I did locum during my ns days, most gps only have 2 people, gp (i.e yourself) and the clinic assistant, whom needs me to check and countersign all the medication I prescribed. Hence I find it hard to believe ops care is more substandard than gp care (and we have not even accounted for the fact that many gp clinics are helmed by locums, so not sure where is the accountability).

Please Correct me if I am wrong, but I would like to know why is the ops model not working or worse than gp/the systemic flaws within it that limits pt care. (Genuinely curious as I honestly thought some of the gp clinics I locum in during army days are very badly run, and I can't envisage why ops could be worst)
Don't believe these jokers.

OPS has a better system in place. It is just that it is manned by young inexperienced drs and also there is much less time per patient.