Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 29-01-2024, 04:10 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Omg, you pointed out my concern. It’s people. For job itself, it’s manageable and not as hectic as compared to commercial. There are SAs under me who are regulars and very experienced (10YOE +/-) and thus they have this attitude which i cant handle. Kinda rude. Still thinking how to talk to them. They are the only problem in this role.
yup, understand what you mean. my advice is to stand from their point of view. they are used to certain speeds/standards. they need their superior to understand them and the work process. suddenly a new guy who knows nothing become their supervisor. they have to teach you while busy, probably entertaining a lot of your questions.

my advice is to still be humble. be careful on how you talk to them, i.e. dont boss them for answers. dont think you are above them, but partners at work. sit beside them to understand and discuss (dont always email or text). you could also appear rude to them, so be really aware on your words and expressions (rolling eyes, giving frustrated look etc). lastly, demonstrate that you really have the ability to lead them and your ability to work and learn. overtime, once there's mutual understanding, you all will develop a pace or style that suits both of you.