Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2024, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ex DXO here. I've known people who leave immediately after they start work. if your values can't match the organization, it will indeed be painful. govt work is always with a lot of red tapes, in the name of preventing abuses or corruption. more so in the military where DSTA has even more red tapes.

other than that, secondary appointments are plenty and waste a lot of time. it's not as if they pay us extra to do another person's job. worst is staffing papers for approval and bosses ask stupid questions and waste time.

my advice to you is to stick it out for 1 year. be humble and spend time talking to colleagues to teach/guide you. build rapport with the guys under you (if any). read up more on all the orders to understand the organization better. then evaluate again. sometimes its not the work, its the people.
Omg. U really pointed out my main concern. To be frank, my main join is manageable, not as hectic/busy as compared to MNCs. But is the secondary appointment (which i just been selected for 2 roles) and the regulars under me. I dont seems to be able to blend in and with their long service (10YOE +/-) keep giving attitudes which i kinda unable tolerate. Still trying to figure out a way to talk to them..