Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 19-01-2024, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there anyone who has thought of leaving just a mere 4months due to all the red tapes and culture in the min the military? My past experiences were all commerical can i start to feel painful here
Ex DXO here. I've known people who leave immediately after they start work. if your values can't match the organization, it will indeed be painful. govt work is always with a lot of red tapes, in the name of preventing abuses or corruption. more so in the military where DSTA has even more red tapes.

other than that, secondary appointments are plenty and waste a lot of time. it's not as if they pay us extra to do another person's job. worst is staffing papers for approval and bosses ask stupid questions and waste time.

my advice to you is to stick it out for 1 year. be humble and spend time talking to colleagues to teach/guide you. build rapport with the guys under you (if any). read up more on all the orders to understand the organization better. then evaluate again. sometimes its not the work, its the people.