Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 05:03 AM
Tav

Default Teaching overseas

Male Ex-Moe Teacher of 11 years/always a C grader/got a D in 2017 after getting stuck in GEO4 for 7 years and decided to call it quits.

Full respect for all the EOs who are still surviving. I have been reading from page 500+ and thought that I should put in my 5 cents.

I am one of the few who braved all the odds and I'm teaching in a private school in New Zealand currently. NIE teachers are very well-sought-after in OZ and NZ(STEM teachers). I was offered both a state school in OZ and a private school in NZ.

Before I decided to work overseas, I weighed a lot of the pros and cons. I do not want to give up on teaching (hate all the politics and backstabbing), so for sanity, I decided to jump at the opportunity. OZNZ is not greener than most believed and it's a daunting task to start in a new country, getting all the documents, IELTS and visas done without any relatives to help.

Other than subtle racism, a very slow-paced life, high taxes and youth crimes, all is good here. So, teachers who are feeling hopeless, you can consider teaching overseas if you do not have any commitments back in SG.