Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Starting salary for human resource related
View Single Post
Old 22-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz2006 View Post
I have a chance to join uniformed group in manpower planing

Operational manager-
1) career progression -can handle civilian only, handle non uniformed group but must handle operational stuff

Senior Officer -inspector
2) Career progression- Senior inspector, head of dept in future - job rotation includes tour on operational matters but handle uniformed group.

both route can enter recruitment/ HR planning.. an engineer of 2 years here who wish to stay the same pay and slowly transit into HR future... how should I decide?

HR so wide I understand... for me I hope to do recruitment/ understand basic administration, employment laws and act, taxes and one day enter into Business Partnering..

From the 2 jobs i stated, there is also room to do strategic planning like doing headcount and budgeting of headcount every month, problem is which role is better for future jumping of ship? to handle uniformed ppl and civilian is totally different...
Both chocies don't sound like HR at all. If you really interested in HR just apply for a normal HR Exec job, no point going some roundabout route when the pay is so low.