Starting salary for human resource related - Page 4 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Starting salary for human resource related

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 21-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbee View Post
Sorry I'm not really sure about your background but is that a proper job upon graduation or more of a holiday job?

If it is a proper job after graduation, I strongly recommend erasing it and pretend it doesn't exist because quitting 3 months into your first job after graduation doesn't exactly jive well with majority of the people. If it is a holiday job, I guess it's still salvageable though honestly it wouldn't have that much of an impact either way unless it's directly relevant to the next job you're applying for.
It's supposed to be a proper job upon graduation. But little did I expect this.

Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 22-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 32
haiz2006 is on a distinguished road
Default uniformed grp

I have a chance to join uniformed group in manpower planing

Operational manager-
1) career progression -can handle civilian only, handle non uniformed group but must handle operational stuff

Senior Officer -inspector
2) Career progression- Senior inspector, head of dept in future - job rotation includes tour on operational matters but handle uniformed group.

both route can enter recruitment/ HR planning.. an engineer of 2 years here who wish to stay the same pay and slowly transit into HR future... how should I decide?

HR so wide I understand... for me I hope to do recruitment/ understand basic administration, employment laws and act, taxes and one day enter into Business Partnering..

From the 2 jobs i stated, there is also room to do strategic planning like doing headcount and budgeting of headcount every month, problem is which role is better for future jumping of ship? to handle uniformed ppl and civilian is totally different...

Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 22-06-2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz2006 View Post
I have a chance to join uniformed group in manpower planing

Operational manager-
1) career progression -can handle civilian only, handle non uniformed group but must handle operational stuff

Senior Officer -inspector
2) Career progression- Senior inspector, head of dept in future - job rotation includes tour on operational matters but handle uniformed group.

both route can enter recruitment/ HR planning.. an engineer of 2 years here who wish to stay the same pay and slowly transit into HR future... how should I decide?

HR so wide I understand... for me I hope to do recruitment/ understand basic administration, employment laws and act, taxes and one day enter into Business Partnering..

From the 2 jobs i stated, there is also room to do strategic planning like doing headcount and budgeting of headcount every month, problem is which role is better for future jumping of ship? to handle uniformed ppl and civilian is totally different...
Both chocies don't sound like HR at all. If you really interested in HR just apply for a normal HR Exec job, no point going some roundabout route when the pay is so low.

Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 27-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's supposed to be a proper job upon graduation. But little did I expect this.
So should I resign? Any advice?
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 07-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Hr recruiting job

Hi, I'm a fresh graduate with 2nd class uppers BSc business management.

Will like to know more information on the recruitment agencies industry n head hunting industry.

Like for instance the market rate. How their commission is normally calculated and is it common to have a basic pay over there?
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 37
cbee is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I'm a fresh graduate with 2nd class uppers BSc business management.

Will like to know more information on the recruitment agencies industry n head hunting industry.

Like for instance the market rate. How their commission is normally calculated and is it common to have a basic pay over there?
Hi I was from the recruiting industry.

Commission is usually calculated on a 20-30% basis per placement fee. However, each company has their own unique way of determining when you get your commission. Some the month you bill, some 3 months later, some you will never get to see it. Some if you never hit your target of the month, no commission. Some if you don't bill more than a few times of your basic salary, no commission. This all varies with each recruiting house. You usually have a basic pay.
Reply With Quote

  #37 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbee View Post
Hi I was from the recruiting industry.

Commission is usually calculated on a 20-30% basis per placement fee. However, each company has their own unique way of determining when you get your commission. Some the month you bill, some 3 months later, some you will never get to see it. Some if you never hit your target of the month, no commission. Some if you don't bill more than a few times of your basic salary, no commission. This all varies with each recruiting house. You usually have a basic pay.
Is it difficult to hit sales target? How was your method? Care to share?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting salary blackswan Income and Jobs 217 03-01-2018 11:31 PM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
NUS post graduate starting salary priyanshu90 Income and Jobs 11 19-10-2011 01:15 PM
architectural asst or other related job salary pinky Income and Jobs 3 24-11-2010 09:11 PM
Vacancy for Human Resource Executive, Personal Assistant, and Telemarketer alvisthor Marketplace and Find Work 1 22-09-2010 04:09 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Maritime and Port Authority of... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 19,815 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,641 Replies, 2,382,798 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,984 Replies, 5,094,792 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,432 Replies, 12,586,846 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,722 Replies, 2,284,636 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,144 Replies, 10,456,571 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,345 Replies, 1,163,653 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,013 Replies, 1,083,625 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,341 Replies, 3,459,015 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,178 Replies, 6,834,395 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,148 Replies, 3,794,835 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 387,109 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,897 Replies, 4,720,425 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,815 Replies, 1,443,168 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,487 Replies, 805,072 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,282 Replies, 636,229 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
323 Replies, 327,060 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,766 Replies, 1,516,354 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,503 Replies, 1,400,659 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,808 Replies, 1,575,355 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
163 Replies, 82,844 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,057 Replies, 451,156 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
279 Replies, 392,514 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
736 Replies, 412,010 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 12,452 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 77,751 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
722 Replies, 553,050 Views
Private Banking Salaries ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 138,942 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
761 Replies, 424,340 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
415 Replies, 500,807 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2