Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ST Electronics
Thread: ST Electronics
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi guys, i have been with STE for 9 years. Came with as an E5 with a degree(hons). Was employed to assist the team on one system which was tendered from NEA.

Along the years, more projects were tendered and acquired. Currently, we have 8 systems on hand. From 1 system to 8 systems; I was involved in the implementation and commissioning of the systems and then maintenance of the systems doing standbys and office hours.

In these 9 years, i am not even promoted once. My manager was promoted to M1 after 13 years in service. Another colleague got promoted to E6 after his 8th year. Every year, i was given false hope by my boss thinking i might get promoted the following year.

The reasons given by him on the 'no promotion' is that, i did not take up roles that was offered by him and my pay is the highest among the team (i can imagine how low my other colleagues are getting). My reason for turning down is, i believed i did a lot after all these years, why should i do even more when i was not even offered anything in the first place, my position is merely an E6, im not even asking for a M1. I was also stupid enough to turn down an MNC who headhunted me on linkedin with a 50% pay rise. How much money have i lugi now if i had got promoted years ago.

brothers, do u feel me?
I was E5 but doing some job scopes meant for M1 and M2 for years. That was not enough to justify my promotion back then. This showed how little the management knew about the ground situation. They were also reluctant to invest in technology and I took some of the blame for the status quo.