Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
May I know what's your motive of moving to government jobs? If for higher pay, you can consider yourself lucky if they match your last drawn. No government agencies would want to be limelights of paying above market rates (remember the town council sagas some yrs back?)

If it's for higher calling and passions like teaching/social service etc, then it's different story - for you'll be rewarded duly in many other aspects.

Based on other banking and finance forum threads, it seems to me that any bankers can easily out-earn any government workers in similar age by 2-3x at least. Maybe can consider movement within same sector?
a) work-life balance.
b) overall remuneration package: Less than 1 month bonus each of the past 4 years. Demoralised and disillusinoned. With the current market sentiment still depressing, the situation isn't going to change soon and operations back office is always the last in line to pick up scraps.
c) operations can be easily replaced by cheaper FTs or moved out to cheaper countries one day.

I am not aiming to be a high-flier. Will be satisifed with a stable job, sufficient remuneration just to survive in sg.

Will I be considered for a civil/public sector administration or finance position with a engineering pass degree?