Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision
View Single Post
Old 22-09-2023, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Questions about the movement policy

Hi, I'm a fresh grad who has been working in a stat board for around 1 month now. I'm on a 2-year contract and currently on a 6 month probation.

Recently, I received an email on possible offer from MOE PGDE. For context, I applied for PGDE in January 2023 in my last semester of university. The waiting process was long and I thought I had a very low chance of getting the MOE offer, so I took up the stat board offer and started 1 month ago.

I'm very interested in taking up MOE's offer to teach, however, I'm concerned about how I should go about resigning from the stat board and accepting MOE's offer. I emailed MOE to ask about the situation and MOE HR replied saying that since I'm employed within Public Service, I may be eligible for a transfer under the Movement Policy.

MOE HR would need to do a reference check with the stat board I'm currently in to check on my eligibility for a transfer under movement policy, so they're asking me to provide them the stat board I'm in right now.

My question is: Since I'm only 1 month into working at a stat board and still on probation, is the movement policy really necessary? Would it be ok if I accept MOE's offer (start date is in late Dec 2023, as designated by MOE) and resign from the stat board within the probation period instead?

I've not told my manager etc. at the stat board about the MOE offer yet as I only received MOE's offer a few day ago. Besides, I was thinking if it's possible for me to continue working in the stat board until 2 weeks before MOE start date as I want to maintain a source of income before I join MOE.

Would really appreciate any advice from people with similar experiences/have a better understanding of the movement policy, thank you!