Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
very weird assumption for you to make about how much i make from a thread. the reason why it is important is because this thread is a point of reference for new incoming graduates and it is imperative to make sure people are properly informed as to what the career entails.

i could start a similar argument on whatever cs thread and tell you that all of you are just nonsense keyboard warriors who get thrown away by companies that 'valued you' at the first sign of trouble. the fact that you need to go to other threads to find some validation for your 'superiority' in degree chosen shows how hopeless you are. from the way you talk it already reveals the basis behind the generalization that singapore cs people are a crock of **** and the worst people to work with.

none of what is said here is about convincing you to take up a degree or whatever. you are the one coming in here with your preconceived perceptions of an industry that you clearly know nothing about.

the only reason why i am replying to you is that im bored and i feel like it.
I don't know whether you are the long essay writer. But if you are, then you were responding to me. Again, I thank you for your lengthy, passionate defence of the industry. The thing is, it was never an attack. I simply wanted to know why people were staying.

Sadly, I was in fact an accountancy graduate from the 3 local unis. But my friends and I have all left. A number of us have left the industry entirely, while the rest are in peripheral roles such as IA, compliance etc. Call it what you will, but to the layman out there - internal audit, compliance (to an extent), FP&A and of course, group consolidation are all accounting roles. We are splitting hairs here.

It's just that my friends and I had a gathering recently, and we were somewhat bemused that we had all mostly left the industry. And that's why I was asking, did we miss something that you good folks did not?

We were also (somewhat) surprised that the IGP for accoutancy had fallen for all 3 local unis. It is what it is.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app