Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2023, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So many words just to say nothing. I guess it’s the hallmark of being a lawyer right.

How exactly is the 2022 batch the “batch was the guinea pig batch for SILE to trial and error with the new syllabus and exam format etc.”? 2022 syllabus got change meh? So your worries were predicated on the uncertainty of passing rate and exam format? If so, how is that detrimental, substantially, given that the examinable content remains unchanged? As you’ve eluded to, “If the examiners decide to change it from open-ended to MCQ the night before the exam, it should not really be a matter of concern. If you know your stuff, you will pass.”

Nobody is disputing that the pre-revised syllabus is procedural and in that sense, seemingly a rite of passage. It’s pretty much industry knowledge at this point.

What is in contention is that post-revision, the additional syllabuses included are not necessarily procedural based. Coupled with the sheer amount of addition and the fact that candidates no longer get a choice and are forced to take on niche modules with little to no relevance to an aspiring practitioner.

Even taking your point that the post-revised part b is indeed procedural based, the increase in number of examined subjects (9 to 31) is manageable in your mind? Putting aside the efficacy of such methodology, I sincerely doubt it that is the case.

“I understand that the Part B course 2023 has an increased number of modules, and since I have not taken a look at how in depth each module is, I will not be commenting on how challenging it is” - but isn’t your entire post just to **** on people who are complaining and to subtle flex that you’ve passed the bar having only studied a month before the exam?

smlj people give you genuine honest opinion also can kpkb

not happy then dont take the bar la

how the fk is what he/she typed a subtle flex. if he/she want to flex he/she wont flex it to people like you who complain about every obstacle in their life. Flex to you got fk use, you are useless in the eyes of the industry, impress you wont give them any pay raise.

the next generation of lawyers need to grow the fk up and be humble. if you cant take constructive criticism then you better have the skills to back up your ego.

what they meant: part B is a rite of passage, dont need to overthink, not that difficult, is manageable course, can pass even with limited time to study

what new wannabe egoistic part b exam takers understood: they flexing on us