Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - IMDA (under MCI)
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2023, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
omg their market reputation is so bad, sorry you had to go through so many unsuccessful hiring experiences because of this stain on your resume. Goodness, what a shame that they are considered "tech lite"! As for the startup, how many % pay cut did they offer? Is the pay cut an amount that you are willing and able to swallow (consider your personal expenditure and needs) at this point? And does the startup offer you proper growth and development opportunities in say the next 1-2 years which can make up for the temporary pay cut? Will you get adequate pay increment to make up for the pay cut? Is the start up something you int to do and keen on? (cause usually start up culture is damn cui esp for tech industry)
some things to mull over!! Anyway, you might want to consider other places like Govtech as well? If IMDA rly too cui, if you're ok w the above pointers then u take the startup first and continue looking elsewhere. Otherwise can try tahan at IMDA first till you find something better than the startup offer. Update us!
It's a 25 per cent reduction from my current salary, although it's much lower, I am prepared to accept because I really want to get out of IMDA. I even thought of resigning without a job. Now that I have an offer waiting for me, it's considered a bonus already. For this role, at least I know I will be working with real tech folks and a CEO who is a tech expert, and can get to apply what I learned from my degree so there is growth and development.