Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - IMDA (under MCI)
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2023, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Tbh, I’m surprised it took so long for June Koh’s actions to be highlighted. She was a bully and the most toxic boss I ever had. She shows favoritism to the selected few who would gossip with her. There is even one who faithfully goes to her office daily at a specific time to share about other colleagues. The guy is a slacker and not a team player and yet she gave him an excellent rating.

She gaslights her staff a lot and screams at them if she isn’t happy with them. During after office hours and weekends, she still expects them to reply her WA messages at her beck and call but if they were to “chase” her for urgent approval during her non-working hours, she would blast at them. It’s like walking on eggshells every day when I’m working there.

Before I joined HCC, I was confident and doing well in my previous organisation. I joined IMDA because I thought it would be meaningful to contribute to the Infocomm sector in a different way. But it was the worst decision I’ve made. During my time there, the toxic environment perpetuated by the bosses and some colleagues made me lose my confidence. Every time before I send out any email, I would second guess myself because you never know when the next round of scolding or sarcastic remarks would come. It’s easier to tell me to learn to ignore the comments. But if you face them on a daily basis, it takes a toll physically and emotionally. When I left HCC, I was at the lowest point in confidence and self esteem.

I’m doing well in my current organisation and my bosses appreciate me and recognise my capability. It just proved to me that I was not as stupid or incapable as JK had made me feel.
my goodness, reading every one of these anecdotes about working under JK sends shivers down my spine because it's just unfathomable how badly she treated everyone under/around her except for her loyal cadres. Happy to hear you are in a better place now, far away from all this toxic rubbish! Never let someone like JK shatter your self-esteem, confidence and capabilities. You are much more than what she made you think you are. I hope she won't bring her "own people" to her new place and start this kind of toxic nonsense also.