Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - IMDA (under MCI)
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2023, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Wait.. you mean that legendary scholar who bang table, demanded to be promoted after 1 year scholar who was red-eyed coz another scholar was promoted in 1.5 years, below the scholar promotion norms?

The same one who bad mouthed the DD who took him in as an intern, groomed him when he came back after studies?

The same one who went to another agency on secondment and got KICKED back after less than 1.5 years?

The same one whose reputation was so bad that he couldn't find a place to nest himself after his secondment?

The same one who talks in a "I am up here, you are down there attitude" ? The one who doesn't want to come down to the levels of non-scholars coz he thinks he deserves to be up there coz he scholar mah... ?

frankly if this boss of his promotes this scholar.. she deserves all the criticism he and his multiple personalities are spewing on this forum
I was a lowly HR staff who sat in for his interview with the HR Director at that time (fresh out of sch at that time n had to take notes). I recall this interview very vividly because it was one of the more refreshing ones where the person is saying something more memorable and less politically correct. He did not badmouth JK at all (but did bring up some names of other less hardworking ppl in the organisation when the HR Director pressed him for it, some of whom have been complained about and have poor work reviews already when we looked into it). He was making a case for how 10% of all the employees were doing 90% of the work, and said that the workforce at IMDA could be halved and the pay of the hardworking employees increased to be commensurate with their efforts, and still the efficiency of the organisation will go up. He sounded very logical but I could tell that he was very demoralised already (he said he did not feel his compensation matched his work output) and his tone sounded a little exasperated, like he was saying something that should be very obvious to us. He was quite charming and polite if I may add, and was looking at me too when he spoke (most interviewees only speak to the HR Director and treated me like I was transparent, which probably explains why I have a better memory of him). Later, the HR Director reported her findings to the CE, but JK distorted what he said to make it seem like he was a self-entitled and arrogant scholar when he did not come across as such to me at all. So the CE and other directors had an incorrect impression of what he said or felt. Think JK was afraid he badmouthed her or it would look bad on her department like she was overworking all her staff, thus she decided to throw him under the bus and cast him in a bad light, which made me feel quite wronged on his behalf, but who am I to speak up in a room of Directors and above?