Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2023, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

Cool Got lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastelikesugar View Post
Hello. I have been in the service for 7 years, currently GEO 4.
I applied for Open Posting this year for a HQ position.

I applied on the last day of Open Posting, and was emailed for an interview the next week.
At the interview, they clarified that the Open Posting Exercise was for applications only. Interviews and offers continue to run till the later part of this year. I am guessing if I apply on the last day and still have a chance for an interview means they haven't made an offer to any prior candidates.

I went for the interview on 21 July, and I haven't heard from them since, though they did mention they will get back to me by the end of this week. Does anyone know how they will get back to me? Email? Call? Usually how long till they make an offer?

Thank you.
Hi, I applied on the 2nd day of OPE (1st day, there were errors in the portal during submission on the first day so HR emailed all the affected ones).

Got called for a group interview, the Friday of the the 1st week. I was offered the position via email the next day (Saturday, lol) and said they were keen to have me onboard but they needed to run some checks with my Heads first. They offered me via the HRP portal formally the following Tues. Since I have to accept it within 3 days and other branches took too long to get back to me so I accepted it (I like the position, anyway..) So if they really want you, they will offer you FAST.

Some branches took their own sweet time to go through every candidate (maybe through 1-1 interviews) and told candidates, they will eventually get back to them.. I couldn't wait though.

I have contacts with some Asst Directors of other branches and they told me they had already filled up their positions by the end of OPE so some branches really move fast.

A couple of years ago, my friend applied and was interviewed during the middle of OPE period but was only offered on the last day of OPE when he thought he had no other hope.. I guess others can be interviewed and offered even after the OPE ends.

So it really depends on the branch. If you are tired of waiting, no harm enquiring about the position by emailing the / the contact person.. Good Luck!