Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2023, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Default No harm asking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Most likely they have already filled the position BUT you have nothing to lose by writing to the point-of-contact just to enquire about the status. Don't phrase it like an impatient complaint but more of a neutral enquiry, you should be fine then.
Hi, I had applied to a few branches at HQ also. Some didn't even shortlist me, one ghosted me after the interview ( even after I sent a post-interview thank-you email), one replied me, thanking me for the email and said they were still interviewing other candidates then.

No harm emailing the interviewers ( if you could recall who they were) by finding out their names (positions as well) and email addresses on the Sg Government Branch directory to thank them for the interview ( if you have not done so ) and enquire about the status of the position. It will show that you are a classy candidate and you'd never know if you would cross paths with them in the future.. Alternatively, you may email the point of contact as well.

Once you have accepted an offer, the other applications on your HRP dashboard is reflected as 'Void'. If they had rejected you outright, it will show as 'Rejected'. Not sure what the 'In Progress' status will show eventually even if the position is already filled..

All the best!