Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Anyone jobless for a long time before?
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2023, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Staying in my current job is causing me mental and physical health issues. Already my blood pressure is 150/95, chest tightness at times, anxiety issues and sleepless night. Go on for a few more months i scared I'll die of heart attack. I don't think its worth dying for the company even though it pays ok.
According to what you had written. words like "worried" , "scared" are quite negative words. Frankly, your mindset needs to change to positive first. I had also gone through a national crisis and concurrently, I was also the sole care giver at home for a period of 5 years. I did not have personal time to talk about. During the national crisis, I still needed to work like mad "no day no night" for almost a year when I was already age 48. Theoretically no weekends and public holidays for me. I also had chest tightness then.

You have to learn how to handle stressful situations and be positive always. I believe you can choose to take long leave or discuss with your HR/bosses to take sabbatical leave before deciding to resign as you do not have confidence to find another job in the future. Take the time to recharge and change the ways how you work and your mindset. My view is no positive mindset you will not go far.