Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2023, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Be open about your intention for open posting. I have pre-empt my RO and SLs about my intention to go for open posting way before open posting starts. I went for open posting, got it bt I am delayed for half a year due to manpower shortage in my previous school, i still manage to get a B for my perfomance grade.

As for your second question, yes it’s possible that multiple schools or positions accept you and you can have your pick but make sure you don’t burn any bridges along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, newbie here, first time applying for OPE. I have some sensitive questions to ask about OPE:

1. I have heard that some KPs and SLs mark down an officer during ranking after knowing of the intention to apply out to other places. In my case, I am currently taking on many roles, projects and classes (overloaded, in fact). I have expressed interest for higher appointments but all KP appointments are saturated at my workplace. However, there is also a severe lack of manpower for my subject area. There is this possibility that even if my OPE is successful, it will be delayed by half a year. What are the chances of my performance grade being affected if I choose to apply for OPE?

2. I am planning to apply for more than 1 place for OPE. Are there cases whereby more than 1 place accepts an officer, and he/she will need to decide which accepted position to go for in the end?