Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2023, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi all

Currently a 3PQE assoc (2020 called) in a small practice (non chinatown) doing corp and liti matters (very general, chapalang stuff, not high street, not that high value). I'd say I've become a general practitioner. Not SA, but basically given some SA responsibilities.

Salary slightly below 7k which I know is below average, below market. Juniors aren't paid well. Bonus is paltry. However, the push pull factors are equally balanced.

I have spent >1 year with current firm and am feeling jaded career development wise. Contentious and non contentious Workflow is inconsistent and I feel that I am taking on numerous hats. Even doing the seccie stuff as well.

However, management and I have started to have rifts of late. Support staff don't really give support and I find myself getting overrun by them.

I am planning of jumping ship later this year or early next before PC renewal. What salary should I start asking for? Am looking to do Corp exclusively.

As for prospects, which would be better Corp practices to jump to? I have never been in large firms before. Would it be better to leave before I make SA at current firm. I am expecting SA probably next year.
Maybe try TSMP before jumping to the B4? The former does cutting edge wall street work