Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2023, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry I’m a relatively new teacher and this is a noob question.

Should I apply for open or closed posting if I would like a change of school? For closed posting, will I be posted to a school that’s very far from me? For open posting, I get to choose the school that I’m interested to transfer to and then I’ll have to wait to be called for interview after applying through HRMS? How does it work? Please help!
For OPE, you can login to HRP portal to check out vacancies available. There are usually contact details of the school provided so you can email them your CV if need be. Do apply as soon as OPE starts as vacancies are filled up quite quickly (unless the school is very particular; some schs advertise for the same position a few years in a row). Had a friend who only applied in late July and was unsuccessful as most vacancies in schools he was interested in was taken up.

For closed postings, you can choose the cluster, not just the zone. The danger of going through closed postings is that you may not get a new postings if there are no vacancies in the cluster you have chosen. I have a few colleagues who were in situations like that.