Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2023, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Default b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This gentlemen/mdm here is stating the fact. The accting industry is gg downhill thanks to the agreement old monkies in audit just want to go low cost. They are killing the profession. He/she is true with audut having a lot of incompetent and horrible work ethics ppl. the result and where u from can say much abt u. When comes to work the quality is very lacking. Now the b4 even go poly grab ppl.
Ya. im the gentleman u are taking about.
Yes. Accting industry is going downhill because of high workload and low pay.

ISCA and SAC even sent people to my school and ask for ways to make accounting more attractive. This is rubbish. ISCA and SAC dun know HR management? Why are they so dumb. They keep making talks asking for inputs but no action was done.

Audit is actually a good thing but these monkeys trying to make costs low, hire all sorts of weird people. People from private, from poly from anywhere else. Even those with no accounting background, they are hiring too.

It is so common these days where audit failures are on the news. They know these are the problems but did nothing to solve it. They should make high barrier of entry. Increase audit pricing and make those companies pay for it. This can help to make audit profession a premium rather than a dog life.

As compared to investment banking. Yes, investment bankers OT a lot. But their pay are more than triple that of auditors. However, the bankers hours are not tripled of auditors.

I have personally worked with so many incompetent dumbos when i was an intern in big4. I cant believe the work that ive done is far more superior than my A1 or A2. That is such a disgrace. Some A2 dun even have work ethics. They just come work to chat with friends all day and also didn't do vouching, just copy paste the amounts from the General ledger and take it as vouched.

This is all because of the selection in hiring process. They need people and hire all sorts of rubbish. In addition, due to the low pay, people lacked motivation to work harder. Some dun even have their concepts right. How to audit without knowledge?

Other than audit, all local uni are looking into investment banking / risk / consulting / banking / compliance / etc.

anything is also better than external audit. But definitely, external audit exit opportunities are still better than some banking roles and internal auditors. This is kind of sad. Incompetent people are exiting with better opportunities? LOL. ok i think if a gem can shine, it will shine anywhere. A rubbish will somehow go to bin. >