Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 25-04-2023, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ya maybe he next year 5+..
But my friend go into MAP getting 5 alr.

I heard SEA Finance MAP is 6.2k? idk how true..

U see.. these companies want talents, they are willing to pay.
Big4 lack of manpower, any dogs and cats also want. especially those jhk and ceca who dun even know their stuff. Worst, some lazy private uni go in also.. i worked with them really next level. Sry i think i like to work with smarter and better work ethics ppl.

pls giv me ur blessing and hope i can find another offer soon!!!!
SEA finance MAP also OTs like dogs and they face much more layoffs and uncertainty.

and MAP is fundamentally different from someone doing finance. One thing to note abt MAP is that you are training yourself specifically for that company. this makes it much harder to exit/find new jobs esp if you are landed in ops roles. If you are looking at finance/support roles, then expect lower pay. SEA finance pays abt 4.8-5 with much slower promotions. senior at 3-4 years, AM at 5-6 years. promotion is also much less fixed and require you to slog harder to prove yourself. they pay you more not because 'they want talent' but because it is a premium for landing yourself in a pigeon holed training specific to the firm.

the biggest difference between big4 and corporate is that in big4 you get promoted when you master the current level. In corporate, you get promoted when you prove you can complete the work at the next level. This innate difference means that it is a more competitive environment. This is why big4 is leveraged as a good place to constantly push your 'title' higher without having to go through that same competitive nature of getting a promotion in corporate places. exiting as a manger to a manager in corporate is undoubtedly easier than promoting to a manager while starting off as an executive in the company.