Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary Negotiation
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

In this world, people make money by exploiting other people's time, talents and needs...
Just like to draw reference to the latest scandal of a 16 year old girl being exploited by a pimp to become a underage prostitute to meet the sexual needs of the rich and elite paying "customers".. who were also exploited by the pimp of their cold hard cash.....

The real winner is the pimp who gets a cut of the happy transaction at both ends..

Frankly in todays's working world, the scenario is very much the same..
A buyer(the Employer) willing to pay you(the Employee) an X amount of money for your time and talent every month...
As an employer, you'll definitely wish to pay as little as possible to hire people with the best talent and with the most time to offer to you... If the FTs are willing to settle for less than a local S'porean graduate.. then it's just tough luck for the local grad... At the end of the day, it's about a happy transaction between a willing buyer and a willing seller... Just make sure you are not the one being exploited.. If not.. be the one to be "less" exploited...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the ts is asking regarding diploma pay, not uni graduate.
after seeing the figures here i feel a bit sympathetic for poly grads la. I was an intern for a local mid-sized SME (non-banking, semi-financial industry. not insurance also la) and they paid me 1.1k as an intern (from the local uni), which is pretty generous for an intern.

On the other hand i notice they also employ a lot of malaysians on EP in their co. i had a peek and saw that one of them was paid $2.6k (which was the minimum then, the guy had about 3-4years experience in another company). Kinda makes me wonder whether are they really interested in attracting local grads to their company (the intern pay is very attractive) or just leeching and exploiting off the malaysians on EP..