Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2023, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, am a fresh A-level graduate here who has scored very well and am considering majoring in CS but also chemistry as I enjoy the subject and also have quite a passion in teaching. I want to ask whether is it still possible to pursue PGDE to teach chemistry at a secondary/JC level (As a mid-career change) if I decide to major in CS now?

Also, I want to ask if yall would chase the money in a well-paying field like CS now or pursue your passion (i.e teaching i assume? ) if you were given a chance to start over again? I know its quite a loaded question so you can not answer this if you don't want to. As a bit of background, I come from a poorer family but was born smart and ended up in an elite JC. I got surrounded by ppl with lots of $$ so I have questions about how much would yall value $$ hehe.
I will suggest you consider the TSP:

s://nie-microsite.webflow.io/?fbclid=IwAR2cZJ2UKvMf58j535zwba7Zi_JY_e-xHfBPlEwW8aTKz9Zq7DlNz_ylwpY&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Go for MOE interview and see what they offer you. Assuming you have a heart for teaching and they see you have potential to serve in schools, joining TSP now will be the most rewarding route (monetary wise too).