Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 24-12-2022, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks good bro - it’s likely that your PQE is what will draw up issues
Any good reason why you didn’t want to go for big 4 for your first 2 firms?

They’re likely to ask you that - because if work life balance is what you were after from the beginning, they’re bound to ask you that why a change of mind
OP here. I didn't think coming from my overseas uni was good enough for B4, let alone expect to get a FCH, so I was content to just settle for any small-med size practice for the sake of simply getting called. During RLT/TC time I had no intention to stay on in practice. However, well, things changed.

While my current and one of my previous mid sized firm offered good work life balance, after spending time in these kind of outfits, part of me wants to move up the ladder. There's no chance of making SA, let alone Director-partner.

One concern, however, was after signing contract with firm #04 (my current firm), a Big4 shortlisted me for interview, and by then, I had to decline by email, as I felt it would be wrong to do so having signed contract with my current firm. Would it be worth reapplying again? I'm a bit scared of being blacklisted.