Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 23-12-2022, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Looks good bro - it’s likely that your PQE is what will draw up issues
Any good reason why you didn’t want to go for big 4 for your first 2 firms?

They’re likely to ask you that - because if work life balance is what you were after from the beginning, they’re bound to ask you that why a change of mind
Truth be told I didn’t go for Big 4, as my overseas uni isn’t that a good one and like I felt I would be no match for NUS SMU students. Frankly speaking I feel that sometimes. As such I was ready to just settle for any small mid outfit. That’s what happened to practically all those in my year of that overseas uni cohort.

Well shortly after I signed contract with current firm #04, a big firm shortlisted me for interview. But I felt it wouldn’t be right for me to attend since I already have a contract and politely declined. Deep inside I kinda wonder what would have been.

Would I be marked if I try to reapply?That’s my worry as I think I’ve mustered up more experience and would hope to step up.

Firm #04 has well given me quite a good grounding legal practice wise la, but there’s so much limitation one can go. I know SA or partner is never going to happen.