Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Career as Teacher
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, it's about spreading misinformation. There is no such messaging from MOE HR at the national or system wide level. Full stop. You are spreading wrong information.

There are a few possibilities why you might have come across an age recommendation, for example your cluster board or HR is responding to an observed trend of underperforming middle managers in a particular school or group of schools, and gives a targeted recommendation to the Principal(s) concerned about their MM development process. And maybe when this message was cascaded down to you, you may have interpreted it as a HR guideline.

It could have been a targeted message to specific schools of concern, but it is definitely not a system-wide message from HR.
I won’t be surprised that there’s a soft rule on age requirement for KPs. I was applying for enhanced posting. 33 this year but many SLs commented that I’m young to be applying for the job. And then later nuance their position a bit more by saying that oh but what counts more is your experience. Anyway long story short, passed cluster Supt interview and posted as a cross level deployed KP and would have started next year but have decided to leave service instead (story for another time). The main thing is: why is age even a consideration if the bar is GEO4 and I was already GEO4.