Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it)
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2022, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sad truth. Degrees are getting more and more expensive but in the end it's just an expensive piece of paper especially when you see the current job market. Employers want cheap workers but loans have to be paid and everyone has to eat.

Like the poster above said DXO is a stable job and it's good that they're paying above market rate which is quite rare for govt related. Btw make sure you understand the entire salary breakdown and not look at just the whole figure, they like to add allowance but when things go wrong the allowance is the first to go lol. But DXO should be fine cuz defense.

One thing to seriously consider tho is that once you enter there is a high chance that will be your entire career. It's why a lot of people advise fresh grads to look elsewhere if they want to learn and things can be slow due to lots of red tape etc. Plebs and scholars have different paths. If you can handle the army style then it should be ok since it's not crazy like say, IHIS.
fully agreed with you. I guess I would just accept the offer then. Was totally surprised that they considered me lol. In the meantime also to gain some relevant experience in the case i want to hop to private sector in the future lol