Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - To take up the offer or not
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Living in Sunbird Road

Thumbs up

I live at sunbird rd. and I work at raffles place area. This alone is already quite tiring after first few months. I can't imagine going all the way to Jurong area (more than doubling the travel time) PLUS having to take bus to Tuas... (thus tripling my travel time)...

Being on the road for that long can literally burn you out after a while...

However, the offer sounds great at 3k for a fresh grad and non-autunomous university (no offence, but it's a fact that honours graduates of SMU/NTU/NUS tend to earn higher mean salary upon graduation).

Honestly, secretarial role isn't bad. In fact, if you're good at it, you can earn A LOT too! In my company, there're many secretaries who are AVP or VP (yes, i'm working in a bank) and they're earning min. 100,000 per annum at early-thirties. Also, I notice many people are more respectful to CFO's or big shot's secretaries (a.k.a. PA <personal assistants>) than even their own bosses who could be directors/vp !!

Thus, weighing costs & benefits, I'd suggest you take up the job, as a good offer such as the one you have now may not come by so often. New opportunities will surely come when you're into your job and slowly realise what you actually 'like' to do or 'want' to become.

Cheers,
Your Humble Simei Neighbour