Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2022, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Call me cynical but, really, how would the supposed gaps between CS and the market be so consistent for all the said job grades, all except for MX11?

This is as good as saying that, when I am MX 12, my peers are earning significantly more than me but I bridged that gap considerably when my peer and I both promoted to grade 11 or its equivalent, only for my peer to pull that gap apart again when we both promoted to grade 11A or it’s equivalent.

Promotion increment and yearly increment are known to be rather fixed in CS. So what are the chances that the grade 12 CS officer bridged that gap considerably when both promoted? Because it certainly implied that the private gave peanuts to employee when they promote from 12-equivalent to 11-equivalent, hence allowing the CS peer to catch up. I am not saying that it is impossible, but for the job market as a whole… I ask again, really?
Agree. Similar principle but looking at it from within the govt agency, the salary of those promoted from MX12 to MX11 this year may only end up 1-3% higher compared to if they stayed in MX12?

This means that if a MX12 is promoted next year instead of this year, they will have a higher overall salary in 2023?

[(Base * MI * 9%) in 2022] * [(MI+PI) in 2023]

vs

[(Base * (MI+PI) * 5%) in 2022] * MI in 2023?

Someone let me know if the formula is wrong.

So the MX12 teammate with similar salary but promoted next year will have higher salary than the 1-year-old MX11?