Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 15% pay cut from private sector to teach in Polytechnic
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawikigo View Post
thanks for the reply. so fast!

Oh i see...and how is the average work day like that you put in to get a C? Im asking cos currently, I put in about 8 hours daily but am on 24x7 standby, even weekends. And my performance is rated an A. Im sure in poly, they see how long you stay back wich, imo, is unfair cos at work also can idle.

I, too, like working with matured energetic minds but my main concern is the politics that are rife in sg education industry...heard horror stories among sec n pri school teachers. I dun like to deal with the politics of it all, even at my current workplace, i try to befriend everyone.

I am keen to apply to RP cos of the PBL approach. any advise?

so after a year, u wana resign BUT only cos its due to unfair treatment from management? sorry to hear that friend.

if u don't lke politics, and u r now doing what u like current job, and getting an A for it (means ur boss value u), don't make the move. what for? count your blessings. Yes, i like my classes, i liked my kids (even the very naughty ones, really). i enjoy piaing with them during project and competition work time. but i hate the management. ok, i hate my boss for giving me a c . that's it. management really need to get their head out of their ****. ask me go sit on this comm handle this, chair this that (stuff i hate doing) then gimme a c. wah piang. working hours.? depends on u.can stay late, can go off early, need to be smart about it. but i worked my arse off. for a c.