Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Civil Service Pay - Director level
View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 09:04 PM

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't bother about this Anoynomous chap, he goes around every banking thread repeating the same few jargons at every occasion to try & impress others he's some hot shot investment guy.

There are a few experienced people here here who give sound and sensible advice to others without spouting unintelligible crap.
1. It's natural for me to express myself at times using some simple analogies because this is what I'm surrounded with everyday. if you don't understand, that's okay. Doesn't mean others don't. If i recall correctly, the only other time things got technical was in another thread. Then, the chap I was talking to was a physicist who has relevant exposure to math so he understood. I never claimed to be in investments (mostly filled by MBAs btw) I wonder where you got that impression from.

2. Thus far in this forum I mainly participate in 2 areas: A. civil service pay/progression matters, and B. joining the finance industry.

For A. I contribute based on my experience in service. Pretty often, I observe forummers who have unrealistic expectations when they join service, or they are too concerned about pay and rapid progression. I share my views to bring them back to earth.

For B. I share on this because I've already taken a couple of steps in this direction after much consideration and I've gotten quite a bit of information from the people around me, pp in the industry, and my observations in the course of internship. The most frequent advice I give is for people exploring education as a stepping stone into the industry to consider MBAs instead of local U degrees. I share this from personal experience; the availability of jobs for overseas MBA holders is much more compared to non-MBAs. I also suggest pp think twice before exploring quant finance because of the level of tehnical difficulty. I don't think those who don't like math should take such courses. Partly also availability of jobs. There are those who think they want to work a few years in other jobs first before going in. I advise them not to waste time because age matters and competition is stiff.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app

Last edited by Anonymous; 18-03-2012 at 09:07 PM.