Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Shopee fresh grad pay
View Single Post
Old 30-06-2022, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Errr your point is? Network engineers are very smart? You have to be very clever to understand SDN?

Are network engineers creating the AI/ML models? Or are the data scientist/software engineers the ones making the model and then getting the network engineers to press buttons only.

Don't know a single cs grad whose first choice is to be a network engineer.
i guess there is some departure in what people used to call a "network engineer" , mostly ppl imagine low level stuff working in server rooms, cabling etc.

but fundamentally all software engineers MUST have a good enough concept of networking in the real sense - as in the OSI model, and S protocols, the concept of ports, networks and subnets, DNS, TLS handshake, TCP/UDP etc. basically networking to SWE == how computers talk to each other. and make no mistake, this is absolutely fundamental. no SWE i know touch any cables or interact with any physical network but we all have these concepts.

and then u get to the cloud and u realize everything is networks all the way down. my point is any tech engineer worth their salt is gna have the basic concepts of networking.