Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Oil and Gas support industries
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 12:48 AM

reavervon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It's not specialized. You can gain oil and gas experience albeit in manufacturing. You should be able to apply for another job in the oil and gas industry quite easily in a different role perhaps with some experience in the future. From what I see, the skillset that pays well in manufacturing is six sigma. Try to get some experience and certification in it if you are keen to stay in manufacturing. If you dunno what's six sigma, you better go and google it.

Dun be too concerned about the starting pay. Be more concerned about the experience that you will gain. The money now is in subsea so try to get a role related to it. If you dunno what's subsea stuff, you better go do some research

Alternatively, if you like to travel, dun have commitments and can work offshore, try to get field role. All the extra offshore allowances can allow you to earn easily 5 digits per mth.
these companies offers six sigma(black belt) trainings to manufacturing engineers. hmm however the companies i listed is more into manufacturing rather than subsea. To be precise, the plants in SG are mostly for manufacturing. subsea shld be overseas. and overseas opportunities will not be given in recent years.

If i were to take up masters degree, shld i choose MBA? will MBA be useful in future?