Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Shopee fresh grad pay
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2022, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
ahahaha classic Cool Story Bro. let me humour you for a sec.

the reason why oil&gas fell off is because of the underlying shift of mindset to favor green energy solutions. not because its a "cycle" that has to happen like the business cycle.

finance, particularly front office, is still hot rn so idk what point youre trying to make here.

s://.businesstimes.com.sg/government-economy/government-to-spend-s38b-in-ict-in-fy2022-80-of-contracts-open-to-smes , Singapore is committing more funds YoY to ICT spending to develop tech solutions and that is purely within the context of public service.

sure, maybe a few years down the road some new tech (developed by programmers btw) could render all programmers obsolete (LOL) but ok lets say this happens. then sure, we could see a burst like in O&G, but look at the news sources we have now. u mean to tell me the govt is gna reverse all of that spending and suddenly go the opposite way? after committing even more YoY?

from everything else you've typed, i gathered you put together some code for some hackathon or webapp or wtv but i can guarantee you've never shipped code LOL.

CSB.
yOu'vE nEver sHIPpEd CoDe. Classic strawman argument, with no meaning or logic behind it to back it up. I've been in the industry long enough. Let's be real, you don't need 10000 engineers for a web app like Shoppee. The amount of engineers that's in the market, realistically, you only need 10% of it. Government is also investing money into green initiatives, you don't see ****ing green energy jobs being hot and popping out everywhere right? Same applies for tech.

From everything else you've typed, I gathered that you're probably a FAANG reject working in a low tier tech company. Perhaps even a WITCH company.