Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Singtel Management Associate Program 2015
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2022, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
U mean SMAP no critical think and people management skills? CTO no people management skills?

You're a joke honestly.
sry for the late reply. anyone can become anyone! Google's CEO has a technically back ground, Ellon has a technical background, bill gates has a technical background and they all have proven to be great CEOs.

Also I am not saying one is better than the other .. what I am saying is people are in a domain because they excel in certain areas. Now that doesn't mean they are bad at others or they can't pick up other skills. But I hope you agree technical people as a GROUP have different strengths/personality/preferences than someone perhaps in a more front end roles. If you don't agree with that, then perhaps we are on a very different page and I am not here to convince you other wise.

PS: I personally have a engineering background (academically), but decided to go toward B&F career. I do believe the technical understanding gives me a different perspective which is great. And it goes other way too, good people's skill with a technically person would help him excel.