Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What are some good non-fang tech companies?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The good thing is that this is changing. Banks are now hiring tech employees at record levels, and they're fighting hard against their competition, which gives an upward pressure on salaries. I was in banking tech not too long ago, and I saw no less than 4 new hires from FAANG (albeit at VP level and above). The competition between banks, and with Fintechs means that management is waking up their idea on treating tech as a cost centre.

It also makes a big difference which team you're in. If you're working on new modernisation projects, the skills you get are a lot more sellable. If you're mostly supporting BAU on legacy services, then it can be quite a dead end if you do it for long.
i have to agree with others on here, i legit dont know what the fk you talkin about , just cos u saw a few FAANG people in ur company bank or wherever the fk u work at , how does that mean banks are NOT treating tech as a cost center ? LOL

banks mass hiring fresh grads doesnt mean anything bro theyve been doing that for the past 5 years , u look at SEED , UOB , OCBC programmes etc , they mass hire a pool of tech people where 80% of them are trash and the 20% who actually wants to get into fintech , end up leaving after 1-2 years in the programme anyway