Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - What are some good non-fang tech companies?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 02:31 PM

Raymond is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol if it's such an obvious take, then why are people throwing shade and making blanket statements about banking tech?
You wrote,

It also makes a big difference which team you're in. If you're working on new modernisation projects, the skills you get are a lot more sellable. If you're mostly supporting BAU on legacy services, then it can be quite a dead end if you do it for long.

This is an obvious take that adds nothing to your initial argument about how bank treats tech like a cost center. To me it just seems like you don't really know what you're talking about and wanted to add something obvious at the end of your statement to give yourself more credibility.

If you're actually serious, maybe make an account and provide some valid counter-arguments. Otherwise I'll just assume you're trolling and you're not even a SWE / SDE.

No offence, I am just genuinely curious about your initial claim and want to know more. I frequent TeamBlind and CSCareerquestion often, I've heard of the opposite of what you're claiming so far from actual tech employees working in bank so I'm wondering if this is a regional thing.